Please Note: At this time, I am only considering individuals within the US. Sorry if that excludes you, but thanks for looking. If you request an interest, please have a complete profile with details of yourself.
I have lived and grown up in the Bay Area my whole life. I'm a small town girl with big values as I grew up in the golden hills of northern California right outside of wine country in Napa. I moved to San Jose and am currently working and attending graduate school, but I live a pretty active life when I'm not being a grad student. My family and friends mean the world to me. Family is where home is and friends are where the party is! Who can debate that! I'm pretty laid back and down to earth and enjoy evenings and weekends out.
As far as my life is concerned, here's me in a nutshell: I'm a nuclear engineer working for a private consulting firm and I will be completing a masters in chemical engineering at the end of this year. I am fully independent but... more still visit and stay close with family and friends.
I often greet everyone with huge hugs and smiles and love being able to make people laugh, cracking jokes, and having a great time. People would describe me as honest, hard working, caring, funny, compassionate, and a driven individual. On the opposite end, people say that I'm rather intellectual and I simulate everyone's neurons with my conversions on technology, science, politics, and random topics....can't help it, it's my nerd side!
There's a never a dull moment when I'm with my family and I always make the effort to be with them on the downtime. My family consists of an older brother and bhabhi, both of whom are great comedians, educated, and well-settled. I also have younger sister who is bright, cheery, and on her way to being a great dentist....yes, I'm the middle child! My parents are the warmest, kind-hearted people you'll ever meet. I am moderately religious with western values. However, I can also be traditional, whether it's Diwali, Navatri, a trip to India, or even good'ol chai pani!
And gee hobbies....Well, definitely love do-it-yourself projects. Anything that involves building, planting, painting, designing, and drinking (oh oops!). Outdoorsy stuff, hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming/diving, and mini outdoor adventures. Getting out and exploring the Bay Area, trying different foods and cuisines, sightseeing and soaking up the sun!
I absolutely love music and subsequently...dancing, as it is a huge hobby of mine. You can find me bopping my head to every kind of tune or just relaxing to some old-school classics after a long day. I'm also taking up new hobbies like jewelry making and learning to play the ukulele and dhol! Alternatively, I like cooking (love experimenting too) and entertaining family and friends at my place. Cheers!
I care for others a lot and feel incredibly blessed to have everything I've ever wanted. I consider myself privileged to be able to say this and understand that not everyone is that fortunate. With that being said, I have been working for a non-profit organization for the past 3 years now. I organize large events for K-12 and enjoy my work in promoting STEM education for young girls throughout the Bay Area.
I have a work hard, play hard philosophy to life. As any independent and free-minded individual, I have greater career goals I'm working towards as well as trying to find someone to share life's journey with. I value family before career and would strive to be that "behind every man stands a great woman". I am in no rush to get married (you can nix any arranged marriage idea), but fundamentally believe that a lasting relationship is built over time and not through a simple evaluation of one's resume. More importantly, I'm looking for someone who I share things in common with, can make me laugh, and enjoy spending time with. HMU gsn +nuke
I hope you get a sense of my values and little peek at my life from the paragraphs above. Anyone can describe themselves, but its best to know in person. I know I may sound like a super busy person that has no time for a relationship, but that's quite the contrary. I manage many things in my life and consider myself pretty well-balanced and can make time no matter what! I'm pretty laid back and down to earth, so how about a cup of coffee? Then you'll find out what I'm all about!
Thanks for reading my long profile essay....lol! I was compelled to write it since I believe expressing interest on shaadi should lead to meeting or telephoning the individual and not exchanging a billion emails or going back and forth with individuals who don't have a complete profile. Afterall, that's no way to get to know someone and we all have better things to do with our time. I'm very tired of communicating with individuals who express interest and yet, don't know themselves well enough to know what they want. I usually give an immediate "yes" or "no" to profiles within 48 hours. And likewise, if I expressed interest in your profile, it's because I genuinely liked what you had to say and would enjoy getting to know you better and taking things forward. If your not afraid then please feel free to press that button!
PLEASE CONSIDER BEFORE EXPRESSING INTEREST
1. Profiles made on your behalf. I look forward to meeting your loved ones someday and they only have the best intention when putting up a profile. But let's be honest, if your making the effort to get to know someone, it's important for YOU (self) to make that effort and not your loved ones. Please, I care to hear only from YOU.
2. Being Unemployed/not educated/ no direction. I know its not always easy and using the cloak "I'm down to earth" is no excuse. I'm independent and while no one is perfect, I value maturity and individuals that have their life together.
3. An ill-constructed profile. My friends and family laugh at this one because they say I'm picky, but C'mon guys! There's Google, word (spell/grammar check), copying and pasting...the list goes on! I'm definitely a woman who appreciates a guy who can express himself. How can I ever get that impression if your profile doesn't read well? If I got you to think on rewriting your profile or cleaning it up, then that's a Mission Accomplished! And if you actually did it...then your definitely a gem!
4. Pictures Pictures Pictures! I have seven different photos up, some of which are very recent. I expect to see a similar variety of photos, preferably head and body shots. If every freakin' pic is of you wearing your shades that is an automatic decline from my end. I guess if your trying to be a Lil' Jon wannabe, you've got that point across! Yes, everyone looks great in shades but I'd much rather look into your eyes and see your face. I'm quite certain I'm not the only one that shares this opinion on shaadi. BTW I'm always open to sending additional photos of myself.
5. Lastly, If it drove YOU crazy to read my profile...I'm definitely not the girl for you! But Again, thanks for reading and good luck!
Shaadi.com, one of India's best known brands and the world's largest matrimonial service was founded with a simple objective - to help people find happiness. The company pioneered online matrimonials in 1996 and continues to lead the exciting