Ok, so it took my 4 best friends to make me give up my skepticism and embrace this
* Indian Chartered Accountant and MBA from Boston, then was in NYC and now enjoying warm & sunny West Coast. I have worked as an Investment Banker in Bombay until 2009 then moved to US.
* * ambitious, versatile & passionate (especially about music, work and traveling)
* caring, independent & broad minded (I believe in seeing good things of each culture and cherry-pick best thing that suits myself)
* straight-forward and down to earth
* sometimes geeky in high-tech & work stuff at workplace (and you have to know geek and nerd have different definitions)
* believe in comfortable lifestyle and not very materialistic (""Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts")
* an extrovert who mixes well with people from different backgrounds and cultures (I expect the same from my partner)
I am interested in
* exploring new places, cultures and meeting new people and random conversations
* adventure sports, hiking, long -drives, traveling
* sports - volleyball, basketball, cricket, squash
* Music afficanado - Soft Rock, Hip Hop, Electronic
* Reading non-fiction, current affairs, geo-politics, philosophy, psychology and coffee-table books
* Love chocolate, ice-cream, and coffee conversations !
* Am looking for a companion who has some creative bent, shares similar interests, has a warm personality, is open to trying new things, meeting new people and exploring new places & cultures. Also, someone who is smart, broad-minded, with independent thinking and family oriented would be great.
Yet I believe MOST IMP thing in partner is "The world's happiest couple never have the same characters, they just have the best understanding of their differences"
Also, I intend to know the person really well and maybe become a good friend before making any decisionn. My family is based in India and my brother is in US