Searching and Matching Profiles
- How can I search for Profiles on Shaadi.com? What are the search options available?
To search for Profiles on Shaadi.com, you can use any of the following options:
- Basic Search allows you to search for Profiles as per basic criteria like age, height, marital status, religion, location, etc.
- The Advanced Search option gives you more detailed search options. The additional search options include education, profession, skin tone, manglik status, etc.
- The Who is Online option lets you search for Profiles who are currently online on Shaadi.com.
- The Special Cases option allows you to search for physically/mentally challenged Members.
- The Saved Search option allows you to save upto three searches with different criteria. You can run a Saved Search at a later time to get a list of Members who match the criteria specified.
- The ‘Refine Search’ option appears on the left of your page after you have performed a search. The Refine Search feature allows you to drill down and filter your results based on photo availability, marital status, mother tongue, religion, country, state, city, education, profession and more.
- Additionally, you can also use Profile ID search to locate particular Members on Shaadi.com.
- In what order are my search results listed?
Search results are shown by default using a custom algorithm developed by Shaadi.com. This is used to maximise responses to your Profile. You can also sort the results by ‘Newest First’ and ‘Last Logged in First’.
- In the search results I can see some small icons next to some of the Profiles. What do those icons mean?
Shaadi.com uses different icons to denote the status of Profile information, e.g. whether Phone number is verified or not, whether horoscope is added or not, etc.
- What is the Matches feature? How does it work?
Based on your Profile and Partner Preferences, Shaadi.com shows you a list of Profiles under your Matches list.
Preferred Matches: These are Members who exactly match your Partner Preferences
Broader Matches: These are Members who match some of your Partner Preferences and are slightly outside some of your other Preferences.
Reverse Matches: These Members have set Partner Preferences that match your Profile information.
2-way Matches: Both of you match each others Partner Preferences.
- Can I shortlist Profiles that I like on Shaadi.com?
If you like a Member’s Profile, we recommend that you contact the Member immediately by Expressing Interest. In case you want to decide later, you can add these Members to a ‘Shortlist’. You can revisit these Profiles by visiting the Shortlists page and decide to Express Interest later.
You can create upto 10 Shortlists. You can also add the same Profile to multiple Shortlists that you have created.
- Can I get a list of Members who have visited my Profile?
Yes. Click here
to see a list of Members who have recently viewed your Profile.
- What does the Ignore feature do? How is this useful?
While searching you may come across Profiles that you may not want to consider in your Partner Search. You can Ignore such Profiles we will ensure that these Profiles will not shown again to you on Shaadi.com.
By Ignoring irrelevant Profiles, you will be improving our algorithm that shows you Matches / Search Results. If you change your mind, you can access these Profiles from the Ignored Members
list and Express Interest in them.